A Clean Manor provides fresh and simple ideas for a clean and organized home.
May 16, 2010

There is one bar of soap that I do not want to live without. I call it my miracle soap. With a toddler in the house there are constantly stains all over her clothes and this little soap is my life saver. Fels-Naptha soap has been around since the mid 1800s and has been a staple in many American homes for a long time. It comes wrapped in paper with its original logo and is slightly longer than a normal bar of soap at 5.5 oz. It is now owned by the Dial. You can watch a short video on Fels-Naptha HERE.

Personally, I keep the bar in a small Ziploc bag with a toothbrush inside. Any time I have a tough stain I put some water on the toothbrush, rub it on the soap, and brush the stain with the toothbrush. You can also scrub the bar directly on the stain or use a cheese grater and grate it right into your washer! It always makes my stains disappear! You can also use the soap in your homemade laundry detergent, which we are currently experimenting with, and even on your tile showers. The bar of Fels-Naptha lasts for quite a long time. The soap can be hard to find at times although I have found it at places such as Meijer or Walmart. This SITE sells it for $1.75 a bar with low shipping rates. I would tend to pay a little more for shipping seeing as how the soap lasts quite some time.  I definitely encourage you to buy a bar of this and try it out! You maybe never want to live without it!

Shirt With Stain

Shirt without Stain

Posted by Tami on May 16 10 | Comments (6)
Categories: Laundry, Products,

Bookmark and Share

awesome. i've never heard of this. it sounds better than all the spray on products i've been using that leave behind a little bit of the ugly. thanks for sharing. going to the grocery today, i'll pick one up!
Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  05/17

I need this. AND its cheap?! Why have I been wasting my money on all those crappy products that don't work?!
Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  05/18

Fels Naptha is also good for helping to prevent poison. After working in an area that may have poison, simply wash up thoroughly afterwards to prevent the poison from breaking out. It washes off all of the irritant.
Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  05/19

I just got my order of Fels-Naptha in the mail last week! It really does seem to work well for stains (I've only tried it twice so far). My only complaint is that I really don't like the smell:(. To me, it's reminiscent of a urinal. But...it does do the job! I am interested in using it to make my own detergent...but I'm worried that my clothes will keep the scent. Has anyone tried it in detergent? Does the smell stay? Thanks!
Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  06/03

I did just use the homemade detergent this week and didn't notice the smell on the clothes at all. I know what you mean about smelling the whole bar though. Using a small amount of vinegar in the wash with the detergent will take away smell as well!
Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  06/03

Thanks Tami!
Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  06/04

Name:

Email:

Location:

URL:

Remember my personal information

Notify me of follow-up comments?

Submit the word you see below: