A Clean Manor provides fresh and simple ideas for a clean and organized home.
May 12, 2010

Who doesn't like to use the latest and greatest cleaning products?  Do they do a good job or are some things just done better the "old fashioned" way?

Well, a few years ago I bought a Swiffer Wetjet. I thought it would be something that I would really like, but...

~First, I want to say that for people who are extremely busy and the only way to clean your floors is by using the Swiffer Wetjet, then better to use it than to have dirty floors!

~Second, it also depends on how big of floor space you have in your kitchen or bathrooms.  If the space is small, then the Wet Jet will be more useful.

~But, to be honest, I don't really like the Swiffer Wet Jet when I do my weekly scrubbing of the floors. We have a lot of flooring in the kitchen, so the pad that goes on the bottom of the Swiffer gets dirty way too fast, & then I'm just swishing the dirt around on the floor. Also, it does not really get in the corners or even against the woodwork that well. So, a lot of times I have to stop & pick up the dirt with a paper towel. So, I really think its better to do it the old fashioned way and scrub on my hands & knees. I have to be honest here...since it's just my husband and I in the house now, our floors don't get as dirty, so I will scrub one week; & if I'm busy the next week, I'll use the Swiffer AND I do like to use it when I've spilled something or see a dirty spot on the floor, & it's not time for the whole floor to be scrubbed.

So---I guess all in all the Swiffer Wetjet comes in handy at times when there are spills; but you can call me old fashioned because I still feel the best way to get the floors clean is by getting down on my hands & knees, use a rag and scrub away (of course, I wear knee pads now!).

*written by Kim

Posted by Kim on May 12 10 | Comments (7)
Categories:

Bookmark and Share

I LOVE my Swiffer Wet Jet! Tami told me to buy one a few years ago and I love it, totally worth the money. With 2 little boys I have a constantly sticky floor- and this works great! smile
Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  05/14

Personally, I don't like the wetjet either. My mother-in-law got me a steam mop for Christmas this year (at my request). I LOVE IT! It heats up in a minute and the pads are machine washable. We have a three year old and two dogs, so our floors get dirty, but the steam mop keeps the floors looking great!
Posted by Staci  on  05/16

I am jealous of your steam mop Staci! I've always wanted one. Perhaps this will be my next cleaning purchase!
Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  05/17

You are welcome to borrow mine for a trial run - I can let it go for a week, but probably no longer than that! I'm serious - let me know!
Posted by Staci  on  05/17

I thought I was weird for not liking the wetjet, but I swear it leaves my floors sticky!
Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  05/18

i tell gerry every time i see a steam mop infomercial that i'm going to pick up the phone and get one. he always trumps me with a 'no.' one day, i will!
Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  05/19

I'm not a fan of the swifter either. I have one and bought a case of refills at Sam's Club probably 5 years ago. It's okay for a quick clean up when company is coming but my husband has to do it because the smell of the solution gives me a headache, instantly! We are down to our last pack and tossing the thing after it's finished. I have the vacuum/swifter, and I swept up dehydrated onions once while cooking and it clogged and never swept anything up again (also the plug happened to fit my elliptical so I could plug that in instead of using up C batteries to work out!). Anyways, I'm with you on the old fashion way!
Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  05/27

Name:

Email:

Location:

URL:

Remember my personal information

Notify me of follow-up comments?

Submit the word you see below: